1. Make sure your car is in good shape. Any
small problems that you had in the summer will become worse in the winter.
2. Make sure your windshield wipers are in good
shape and the windshield washer reservoir is full.
3. Keep your gas tank close to full. If you get
stuck the engine will be your only source of heat. Crack the window if you
will be sitting with the engine running to avoid carbon monoxide asphyxiation.
4.If you have a cell phone carry it with you to
use if you get stuck or need help.
5.Clear off the entire car, not just a peephole
in the windshield which is illegal. All windows should be cleared, along with
your headlights, tail lights and outside mirrors.
6. Do everything slowly. Accelerate slowly,
turn slowly and brake slowly. Leave plenty of distance between
7. Have an emergency winter kit in your car if
you get stuck. A shovel, heavy winter clothing, and a blanket are just some of
the items you will want to have with you.